Mechanical traction is the application of a pulling force to the spine by a traction machine. It is usually applied to the low back or neck, and separates the vertebra and spinal structures unloading discs and joints and improving pain free range of motion. Mechanical traction has been an important treatment technique at Dunbar Physio for many years. We have modern equipment and a dedicated traction area.
Mechanical traction is very effective in helping to deal with the pain and dysfunction associated with:
- disc injuries (bulge, protrusion, herniation)
- degenerative disc disease
- spinal osteoarthritis
- spinal osteophytes
- pinched nerves
- spinal canal and nerve canal narrowing
- referred pain (“sciatica”)
- pins and needles/numbness from nerve entrapment
The easiest way to figure out your problem is to book an appointment with us. We'll assess your condition and give you a plan to reclaim your health.